Theresa Jarosz Alberti
Business Writer with strong experience creating / designing website content, blogs, social media, and other marketing / promotional materials. Experience editing, proofreading, and utilizing various creative software tools. Able to interpret and adapt to customers’ needs / requirements. Known as a creative writer and problem solver who enjoys challenges.
- Canva design
- Constant Contact
- Active Campaign
- ClickUp and Asana
- Audacity digital audio editor
- MS Word and Excel
- Quark Xpress
- Constant Contact
- Power Point
- Adobe Acrobat
- FireAlpaca design software
- Gimp editing tool
Communications Specialist / Marketing Content Writer
March 2022 – present
(remote) Frederick, MD
Frontline communications support for fast-paced PR firm specializing in creating marketing content and strategies for clients in the economic development and tourism industry.
- Wrote and designed marketing materials, including newsletters, blogs, website content, e-blasts, brochures, ads, press releases, one sheeters, and event promotions.
- Created daily social media for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to promote client businesses and events, and planned and scheduled content.
- Managed, updated, and wrote content for client WordPress website.
- Created graphics for social media in Canva.
- Wrote and designed client newsletters in MailChimp and Active Campaign.
- Scheduling / assigning tasks to colleagues and interns for projects; used Asana and ClickUp.
2000 to present
Provided high-quality and engaging website and print content for small and large companies including the University of Minnesota – Biomedical Engineering Dept.
- Wrote and designed promotional copywriting materials, including brochures, ads, press releases, fundraising materials, event promotion.
- Created social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote businesses.
- Designed websites using WordPress and wrote online content for various small businesses.
- Edited stock / personal photos using Gimp photo editor and uploaded to websites.
- Researched writing topics for books, articles, and promotional materials including biomedical engineering, aluminum manufacturing, Russian / Vietnamese culture, and world climates.
- Wrote, designed, and edited newsletters using Constant Contact and Quark Xpress.
- Created YouTube videos using iMovie and Audacity.
- Wrote lifestyle blogs and personal essays on WordPress site since 2012.
- Created freelance digital designs for print-on-demand for t-shirts, mugs and other products using FireAlpaca.
- Managed customer communications, financials, and business activities by using Google Drive, Dropbox, and Excel.
- Wrote and published books, magazine articles and poetry (see Publications).
Communications / Administrative Assistant
Robert Half / OfficeTeam / Adecco Employment Agencies
2015 – 2017
Provided administrative support in various fast-paced professional office environments including Ecolab, Minnesota Public Radio, WCCO-TV, American Academy of Neurology, and Memorial Blood Center.
- Created and edited PDFs in Adobe Acrobat, and scheduled meetings using Outlook.
- Created quarterly internal newsletters using PowerPoint.
- Coded / processed invoices; recorded sales and researched customer data using Sales Force.
Marketing Media Manager / Event Planner
The People’s Gallery
St Paul, MN
Managed all online and print marketing, promotional activity, and events for art gallery.
- Created print, email and social media marketing to promote events and activities.
- Created and maintained website content using WordPress.
- Copywrote, promoted and managed community outreach activities to invite artists to apply for upcoming shows.
- Collaborated with team to envision, problem solve, and plan events, communications, themes, operations and marketing.
- Planned and managed gallery openings, receptions, and other events for up to 200 attendees.
- Communicated with potential clients, customers, both written and in-person, to promote the gallery and events.
Municipal Liaison of the Twin Cities Region
National Novel Writing Month Organization
2005 – 2010
Responsible for managing the region and supporting writers undertaking this novel-writing challenge.
- Planned and hosted regional events during the season for up to 80 attendees. Wrote copy for event promotions.
- Managed daily correspondence, wrote informational instructions, and answered questions for the regional website with more than 9,000 users.
- Executed a book drive that collected 3,000 books for charity.
The Loft Literary Center
2006 – 2008
- Taught workshops on “How to Write a Novel in a Month.”
- Developed curriculum and executed in-class writing exercises.
Additional experience as a proofreader / editor of financial documents for Arthur Andersen Corp.
B.A. in English Literature, Library and Information Science minor
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
Phi Beta Kappa honor society member
TESOL Teaching Certification (grammar, language and educational training)
Certified to teach English as a foreign language; 100-hour course
ITTT (International TEFL Teacher Training), http://www.teflonline.net
- Ozga, Tazmyn (pen name). Mono in a Poly World. Amazon, 2021.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Dragons. Focus Readers, 2018.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Mermaids. Focus Readers, 2018.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Unicorns. Focus Readers, 2018.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Russia: One World, Many Countries. Child’s World, 2015.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. (After) Confession. Zottola Publishing, 2009.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Vietnam ABCs. Picture Window Books, 2007.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Climates. Capstone Press, 2005.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. Out and About at the Planetarium. Picture Window Books, 2004.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Rx: Bedrest.” American Baby, May 1994, pp 48 – 53.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Big Beauty: Tailor a Fantasy to Fit Your Size.” Radiance, Summer 1994, pp 32-33.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Internet Mom.” Welcome Home, June 1997, pp 25-26.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Mississippi.” St. Paul Almanac, Fall 2022, p 168.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Ode to Triceratops.” St. Paul Almanac, 2019, p 150.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Mississippi.” Write to the River, 2018, p 24.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Minneapolis Haibun.” Write to the River, 2018, p 25.
- Alberti, Theresa Jarosz. “Moment.” Welcome Home, January 2004, p 13.