MONTH: Sept 1 – 7, 2022
Social Media Checklist
- Include all event/ news links
- Include relevant tags for businesses
- Include all Hashtags when applicable
- Continually update the text to reflect post changes**
- Post: Economic Dev Week – ideas for activities to plan (from toolkit)
Facebook/LinkedIn/IG: It’s not too early to start planning for Economic Development Week! We have plenty of ideas on how you can begin your preparations, such as: scheduling your proclamation, creating a press release showcasing your participation this year, crafting promotional posts on social media, and starting to plan events your organization can host during the week. Economic Development Week is an excellent opportunity to get the word out about who you are and what you do. It’s also a chance to network with other local businesses and organizations. Learn more about what you need to prepare for this year’s event: (link)
(IG) Look for our #linkinbio
IG/LI/TWHashtags: #economicdevelopmentweek #proclamation #smallbusinesses #localbusinesses #toolkit
- #EconomicDevelopmentWeek is an opportunity to promote your business and network with other organizations! It’s not too early to start planning for this year’s event. Check out our Toolkit to prepare for your participation in ED Week in XX. (link)
- Post: [set up Labor Day post]
Date: 9.5.2022 (Labor Day)
- Post: Labor Day (something quick to accompany graphic)
Facebook/Twitter Post: [All that is needed– we don’t do IG and LI posts for holidays]
Text: Happy #LaborDay from the #MEDA team!
Hashtags: #laborday #labordayweekend #happylaborday #weekend #holiday #september #laborday
IG/FB Story: Schedule Labor Day Graphic
- Post: Year in Review (we link to the About page)
Facebook/Linkedin: Established in 1961, XX members promote the economic well-being of XX by working to improve the state’s business climate and the professionalism of those in the field of economic development. XX also works with community leaders to foster a favorable business environment in XX and provides educational opportunities for its members. Visit here to read our entire Year in Review to see what we have accomplished this year: (link)
IG: XX members are committed to bringing jobs and capital investment to XX and enhancing its members’ knowledge and skills through collaboration and networking. Tap that #linkinbio to view XX’s full Year in Review for 2021-2022.
IG/LI/TWHashtags: #YearinReview #jobs #capital #growth #Jobs #collaboration #networking #EconomicDevelopmentTransformsLives #TransformsLives #EconomicDevelopment #EconDev
- It’s been a big year for XX. We’re excited to share our Year in Review with you! Visit our website to read it for yourself: (link)
- Post: ED Week – encourage sponsorship (link)
Facebook/LinkedIn: XX is gearing up for our Economic Development Week in XX this October, and we are currently seeking sponsors. This annual event will occur October XX-XX. If you are interested in being a bigger part of Economic Development Week and supporting our mission—please visit our website: (link).
IG: Are you interested in supporting economic development in XX? We can help!
XX is celebrating Economic Development Week in XX this October, and we are currently seeking sponsors. Please visit our website for more information about how your organization can sponsor this vital week in XX. #linkinbio
IG/LI/TWHashtags: #economicdevelopmentweek #Sponsorship #community #collaboration #partnership #EconomicDevelopmentTransformsLives #TransformsLives
- Are you interested in supporting economic development this fall? We’re celebrating Economic Development Week in XX this October and seeking sponsors to help our mission. To register or learn more, visit our website: (link)
- XX is celebrating Economic Development Week this October, and we are currently seeking sponsors! This week is a celebration of the work that economic developers do daily to build thriving communities. Are you interested in sponsoring this event? Visit here: (link)